View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 09:34 AM   #5
1badgmc

Re: Headlights need input

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood78 View Post
Ya thats what I dont like about the hids. Im not great with wires and what not. really prefer plug and play.
No, even with relay harnesses, there's no real "wiring" needed for HIDs. I'll be the first to tell you that when you get beyond a simple positive/negative ground situation with wiring I get lost, but I had no issues connecting the ballasts and relay harnesses for the HIDs. It's just that the more components you have in the system, the more room for failure you have.

Quote:
Ive been researcing and everything leads to HIDs but im not sure what houseing to get or even where to start
Really, just a good, clear housing will do fine as long as you make sure it has a chrome glare cap over the lowbeam bulb. I have the TYC Elegante headlights in my Suburban, but sadly they seem to be out of production anymore.

Quote:
I really like the fact of LEDs but reseach says the light isnt much better than stock but I have no clue.
You just have to do your research and look closely at the LEDs you buy. The link you posted has 3 different wattages to choose from.
The 25w kit at 2800 lumens is going to be about the same brightness as stock headlights.
The 35w kit at 3900 lumens is going to be a little brighter than most 35w HID kits.
The 45w kit at 5000 lumens would be great for highbeams, but I think it would be too much for lowbeams.
Attached Images

1badgmc is offline   Reply With Quote