View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #47
72swb_327stroker_?
knuckle buster..

Re: speaker placement

hey bigsky, nice job! they really look great!

as for clarity with those vr's... yes the tweeter would sound clearer in front but dont separate them from the mids. the tweeters dont need to be sealed in the kick panel.(by the way, i have the same ones)...so what you can do without having to build a new set, is try building up the back side of the tweeter's mounting surface to angle them in, more towards you. if you mount them on the dash or up higher they will be unbalanced, the mid will just be working away all by itself down there with no highs to complete it how much lead of wire do they come with from the factory? i think my set of vr's didnt come with more than a foot or so to connect to the crossover. also, what is the crossover set to? the head unit? those kenwoods have some nice fine tuning features eq-wise. make sure your mids and tweets are running in the correct frequencies. is the amp they are running from coming out of the front channel or rear? how many speakers are you using in your set up? are you using a front and rear channel? here is a nice write up and tutorial explaining frequencies and eq basics. this should help to set up and fine tune any system to your specific needs(sound-wise). http://www.dak.com/reviews/Tutorial_frequencies.cfm
also i think that sealing up the inside of your kick panels will help a great deal. it looks like there might be too much airspace for the mids to perform right. just a suggestion. hope this helps! get back to me about how you are running everything.
thanks!

THIS SITE ROCKS!!!

Check out my suburban on 20's with fresh paint!
Click here to support the site
Check out the Member Photo Gallery here
StreetCruizin
FAQ thread
Site vendors list (scroll down to vendors in red)
join the the smilies fight club

Last edited by 72swb_327stroker_?; 03-03-2008 at 02:22 PM.
72swb_327stroker_? is offline   Reply With Quote