View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 11:23 AM   #5
homemade87

Re: Help with LS2 intake swap onto 5.3 truck engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemade87 View Post
67, You wont have to do any off the stuff that was suggested . That ls2 intake will bolt right on with truck acc with no problem .

But there is a couple things you will have to over come . One is the fuel injector connectors are different . Yours wont plug onto the ls2 injectors. Couple ways to fix this is cut and splice if you have the ls2 connectors . If not they make some couplers that will convert .

The other thing is the ls2 is a 4 bolt and yours is a 3 bolt throttle body . You will have to order a adapter to get it to fit . Or get an aftermarket t/b .

One other thing is I think you will have to make or modify your drive by cable bracket to bolt onto the ls2 intake . It is different .

We put a ls2 intake on a 2001 Silverado and with stock brackets and had to make the adjustments listed above . I also have a ls2 intake on a 2004 dbw engine .

Not an impossible task but doable .

There really is nothing lacking about the truck intake as performance . If this is your only concern its not worth the swap .
I just realized the gto has a different ls2 intake .( I should learn to read better) The one I was referring to was the tbss ls2 intake . Sorry for the confusion . The tbss intake as stated above would be a little easier swap for you .
homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote