View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
afcamaro

Thumbs down GMCPauls doors (resolved by vendor)

I placed an order from GMCPauls for a pair of doors after hearing great things about them.

When I got them the drivers door was horrible fitting. Mostly in the hoop area. After talking to one of their reps, they told me to just drill out the spot welds and lower the hoop. I measured the hoop compared to my original door and it was at least an 1/8" taller and in the curved rear section a 1/4" taller than the old one. WAY off. Drilling the spot welds out and welding wasn't that bad but I wasn't expecting to do that at all. Since Ive read you only usually have to do that with the "other" guys doors.

Now on the passenger side the hoop fits good. It all measures out good. Except the bolt holes in the inside of door. They're 3/8 of an inch off from the old door. And their welded on the inside. Idk if I can even ream my hinges out to pull my door out enough so it isn't so far into the door cavity, and will line up with the fender and rocker. This thing has become a pain and Im almost about to scrap this $350 piece of junk. Ive measured and remeasured and this is the problem.

Either I have a rare set of crappy doors or GMCPauls has switched manufactures that their buying from or the tooling. I am not happy with the quality one bit.

On a positive note their shipping was fast and had great customer service, but the doors are just not of the quality I was expecting.
afcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote