View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 10:43 AM   #529
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Thanks guys!

I was able to get some more of the air management installed and buttoned up. Please excuse the dirt and rust underneath. This one is used often, and parked outside. On with the pics...

VU4 and computer mount:

Water trap mount, and some electrical and air line routing:

Electrical and other water trap mount:

Gauge air line routing into cab using old fuel line hole:

Air pressure gauges installed:

I haven't connected the bags to the VU4 yet. I wanted to test it and make sure the tanks and everything held pressure first. It's a good thing I did because the compressors wouldn't shut off. Not sure if it's a wiring thing, or a bad pressure switch. I've been over my wiring multiple times and I can't see anything wrong, so I'm thinking it's the switch. Have one ordered and on its way here. Just in case, I reached out to Travis at Pro Performance and he's going to get me some wiring schematics for the Accuair with Viair pressure switch. Neither set of instructions from either manufacturer show connection between the two systems, so we'll see if there's something wrong with my blending of the two later. Either way, I hope it's a simple fix.

I also have a small leak in one of the water trap fittings. I think I'll pull it and redo the thread sealant and re-cut the air line.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)

Last edited by knomadd; 07-13-2017 at 05:13 PM.
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote