Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #95
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Windmills View Post
looking great! The disc brakes really modernize it too. I am basically doing the same thing. On the eaton, I see you fought the mounting plate a little and they moved the holes, I hope I don't have that issue as well but we'll see. How do you like the length of the new studs on the eaton rear? Have you bolted on the wheels yet to see how they look? They just look long, but that may in fact be a good thing.

Also, curious what was wrong with your front hubs that they needed replacing? As for the spindles, were they worn from the oil seals? Frustrating to hear the stuff is different between 72's and 71's. The rear drum brakes are different on the eatons as well between those two years.

keep up the good work, curious to see what you do for a parking brake.
The rear lugs work great with my aluminum wheels, i had the wheels back on when i was doing some of the final assembly to the front.

The wheel bearings were way out of adjustment enough that the bearing races wore on the spindle enough that it was undersized,, the big lock nut was backed off and i guess the inner nut backed off as well, i didn't want to risk trying to use them and have to rework it allover again.

I have pretty much decided that i'll install a driveline brake but that will be sometime next year hopefully. Thanks for stopping by..

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote