View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 04:53 PM   #709
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgriffin View Post
Hey Alan, did you ever get back on this one?
No, it's literally buried in the corner of the shop. I do have the spindle/brake parts at another machine shop to have caliper brackets made. (my name is John btw).

Plans for the truck have changed a bit, big surprise, right? I won't be going for an all-out track slayer suspension setup at this point, just a cruiser that will still handle great. I've bought another car that's way better suited to autocrossing and track events so Goldilocks will just be on the track for fun, not lap times.

(This is where MalibuKasey starts grumbling and making comments to try to keep me on track... )

I started a build thread in the "alternate tinkerings" section for the other car.
The suspension is done and I should have the engine/trans swap finished by October, and then I'll start back on the C10. It'll be infinitely better on the track and get 30+ mpg as a daily. Did I mention it pulls 1.06g on cheap all season tires in mid-30 degree weather? I doubt Goldilocks would ever be able to do that, no matter what suspension and tires are under it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=727205

Mock up engine, I'm swapping in a Miata 1.6 with sidedraft Webers to triple the horsepower. With only 58 hp and all season tires it's currently keeping up with, or barely outrunning Fiesta/Focus ST's and WRX's at the local autocross. It'll be a track monster with more power and sticky tires. And if I stuff it in a wall its no big deal, I can buy a clean shell for a few hundred dollars and swap everything over easily. If I wreck 'locks on the track, there's no replacing it.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote