View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 11:08 AM   #101
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: 68 Burb - Project - GoldMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Your brackets are just why we hang onto "stuff". Never know when you will need it. Good idea on the pump mounting. Wasn't even thinking along those lines for mine. Thanks!
Bucket safety...bwahaha...
No kidding!! Now if I could only convince the wife of that.. lol

On the pump mounting, my first attempt didn't pan out, I was thinking that I would put them end to end on a shelf/bracket, but it ended up a bit longer than I wanted and didn't tuck in near the bumper bracket well enough. so that's when I got back online and looked for ideas around the web.. seeing several compressors sitting side by side on various vehicles, I knew that was the ticket and should have plenty of room in that configuration.

I was late getting home, so by the time I hit the shop it was already well after 9:30. I did finish mounting the compressors last night and plumbed the leader lines to the water traps. It came out fairly tidy. I then finished the line between the two tanks, and ran the final line from the tank output to the interior where the VU4 will live.
The only other thing I managed to get done was mounting the VU4 and ECU to the panel I made.. Better than nothing..

Hope the rest of the week goes better.
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote