View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #67
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by csa daddy View Post
i got a set of firestone bags if ya interested. an yes i cant wait to meet up. i know my oldest daughter is going to flip over your bug she really likes them.
I've found a kit I'm going to use, four Airlift D2600 bags and mounting plates/cups. Appreciate the offer though.

'Nuther update on the project. I sold the crate engine that came with the truck, turned out to be a 260 horse instead of the 290hp I thought it was, so I didn't get as much out of it as I thought I would. Still though, selling it freed up some cash to buy a bag kit and a possibly long term-temporary engine to get it going. Dad told me about a guy that came across an original 1966 250 inline 6 and three speed and was wanting to get rid of it. Supposedly ran great when pulled, only had about 60k miles on it. Called him today and made a deal; he's going to deliver it tomorrow for a grand total of -wait for it- $125 bucks!! I'll leave it stock for now just to get the truck going, and swap in a Vortec 4200 out of a Trailblazer later on. I tried to track down the original matching numbers engine out of the truck, but it's been sold a couple times since the guy I got it from had it. Also picked up the original rear axle for the truck yesterday so I'll have an extra one to narrow to fit the wheels I'm making.

I wish I had some work done to show, but atleast I'm getting the parts in place to get it back together.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote