View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 03:16 PM   #49
Purcell69

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Series View Post
I like how the front tires don’t stick out of the fenders, they are just inside. I may be able to run wheels with a greater positive offset to suck the tires in. The fan and fan clutch are being greedy in the core support area. We’ll get the grill and support panel mocked up and see how a radiator will fit.
Have you considered running a two speed electric fan? When I put Ethyl on the 1994 Dodge chassis, I was concerned about space up front, so I moved the engine and transmission 3" back, which was about as far back as I could go with the 1957 firewall. This of course snowballed things a bit, in that I needed to have a new front driveshaft built to add in extra length. I still went with two speed electric fan from a 1995 Ford Taurus V6, the same one the rock crawling guys use in their Jeeps. Those things move an honest 4000 cfm in high speed mode. In the end, I have more room up front which made building a lower radiator hose easier.

I'm impressed with the build. You've really done your homework as far as getting things to fit. It really is a good feeling seeing the body on the frame for the first time. I used 3/16" plate steel to make my body mounts, for what it is worth.

-Joe