View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 05:01 AM   #93
Bazooka
Keepin it old school

Re: Complete T5 swap thread - one way to skin the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Bazooka and C10 Cutty, I wish I had a good answer for you. Most people are trying to convert a newer electronic speedo tailhousing to a mechanical speedo drive in the old trucks - but apparently you have an "older" T5 and an electronic speedo hookup in your truck (i.e. aftermarket gauges??)

I would think the easiest approach would be to find a later model T5 tailshaft housing. I would also be willing to bet there are about 50 guys on here with a newer T5 seeking a mech speedo hookup that would want to swap straight over becasue your tailshaft is the more desirable (i.e. in more demand).
I have a electric speedo S10 tailhousing (or did have I should say). Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought Camaro and S10 tailshafts have the hole in a different spot for the sensor? I know I can use the factory speed sensor but was wondering what if anything I would have had to do to the output shaft since I was going to use the electric speedo S10 tailshaft assuming the hole in the tailshaft is in a different spot like I thought. The 89 WC camaro t5 that I was able to do some trading for has a factory sensor in it. I punted the tailshaft I had for some quick cash so cant compare side by side. I'm not sure if I'll get another electric tailshaft or try to find a mechanical tailshaft. Depends on what the easiest way to have a working speedo is I guess. I dont have gauges yet.

Last edited by Bazooka; 10-17-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Bazooka is offline   Reply With Quote