View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
sqrlnts

Thumbs down Vintage Air Sure what?

If I don't get this off my chest I am going to explode. I am more than a little disappointed in my $1200 kit from Vintage. Let me just start with saying the directions are a letdown. I write technical manuals for my work and often have to interpret them from Japanease Engrish, which is much easier than making sense of what was provided. The directions are 21 pages of front and back confusion. They do not flow well at all and i cringe each time I have to reference them.

They also state that if parts are missing after 15 days they will not pay for them. Fine, but give me a damn inventory sheet! So far I am missing my trianary switch, control cable bushings, and firewall line grommets. I also seem to be missing two high pressure hard lines but am not sure becasue the directions are so unclear. I will also need to crimp my own line fittings as only two line ends are completed from the factory, this blows monkey balls.

Can I also recommend that they add the evap center pivot mounting hole on the firewall template as mine is filled in. Its impossible to reach or mark with the evap mocked up, will have to fab something to work.

The instructions that came with the compressor say that you should mount it with the oil fill plug straight up vertical or risk damaging the unit. The pictures in the instructions show it mounted 90 degrees to the left, which is it?

Now to my favorite part, the center two vents that mount under the control panel. Who designed this jewel and how is it suppose to seal to the main evap unit? I would **** can it and make my own if I had more time but I will probably end up using duct tape to seal the poor fit.

Have I called the tech line, not yet, I am afraid I will make someone cry.

End of rant for now.

Last edited by N2TRUX; 05-30-2013 at 10:22 AM.
sqrlnts is offline   Reply With Quote