View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 01:51 PM   #55
Brandons63

Re: My 63 Chevy C10 project

So I picked up this sweet gauge cluster and did a little restoration on it. It seems these little gems are hard to come by for a reasonable price. I picked this one up at a yard sale for $30 along with the rearview mirror. Both were in pretty bad shape but I brought them back to life. The truck has the deluxe gauge cluster in it but the only thing that works correctly is the turn signal indicator and brights indicator. The speedo works ok but seems to buzz every once in a while. I'm assuming I need to grease the cable. I'm thinking I may have a grounding issue for the rest of the gauges since they worked before I removed it to clean out the cob webs. Anyways if it comes down to me having to use this cluster would I just have to remove the deluxe harness and install the harness from this warning light cluster? It has the temp gauge so I will still use the temp probe on the manifold... But the deluxe cluster only has one shared turn indicator light for both left and right, while the standard cluster has two.. Will it work correctly with the swapped harness?
Attached Images

Brandons63 is offline   Reply With Quote