View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 07:19 AM   #32
Bigdually

Re: 1986 S10 Daily Driver Rollover Rebuild

Big progress yesterday!

My shifter came in the mail, got that bolted up and it seems to work nicely, I think I like it!

Got home from work early and threw on a few coats of primer and a few coats of blue paint that is SO much darker than the color on the lid. Oh well, at least it's not rust.

I also finished up some little things and got the new cab mounts on the frame, then fired up the tractor and rolled the frame outside to set the cab on. Once I got it on and back inside I hooked a few things up enough to see if I have power on everything that is different in this cab from the old one. I do, but there are some ground issues I think. It'll crank over but I get no fuel pump, but the relay is clicking. Also I have a whole slew of dash lights on, looks like a Christmas tree. Being that I don't have the cab bolts in yet and that there's not much grounding anything, I'm pretty sure it'll heal itself as I keep putting it together.

I didn't get a picture of it as it sits until I was about to walk out of the shop, I can see it looking like a truck again!
Attached Images

Last edited by Bigdually; 02-14-2020 at 09:30 AM.
Bigdually is offline   Reply With Quote