View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 07:17 PM   #37
SCOTI

Re: 1986 S10 Daily Driver Rollover Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdually View Post
Thanks! I might get serious with the paint sometime after I get it roadworthy again, if I go the spraybomb route I'll have to remember that.

Haven't made any progress this week due to work, but this evening I came home and kinda just sat and looked at it. I had my battery sitting in the passenger floorboard and jumper cables run up front to hook things up. My issue had been everything out the back wasn't working and my fuel pump sounded funny. It hit me that all that stuff grounds to the frame, and I hadn't hooked up the wire that usually runs from B- down to the frame. A simple quick connection and now everything works!

Of course, this was the time the battery decided to give up and fill the floor with acid from a mystery leak on the case. Thank God I had a box of baking soda in the shop fridge, it came in handy

I think tomorrow I'll work on the front clip and maybe the interior. This evening I'll pick up a battery that actually fits the tray, my old one was too big and had a bungee for a hold down that was rollover tested and held up like a champ
"Mystery leak" would suggest otherwise

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote