View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 11:58 PM   #41
Bigdually

Re: 1986 S10 Daily Driver Rollover Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Lots of work on display!
Yes it is! I told myself, and everyone else, that a couple weeks from the time I started was all it would take to be driving it again. Realistically it was just over a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself View Post
Wow! It almost looks like a truck again!
Those words exactly were what my girlfriend said about it!

Did some more things today, I picked up a couple bulbs I was needing, 1157s and 1003s. Installed said bulbs in the front right turn signal and the floor courtesy lights in the cab. Then I swapped out the busted taillight lens for the best one of the four that came with the new cab and stuck my headlights in along with the bezels. I put in my seat too, and threw on the hood and it was ready for a test drive.

The test drive was good, but uneventful. My voltage gauge quit on me, but I think it's just a wire pulled loose, I was tidying them up and hiding them before I put the seat in. It also smoked like a TRAIN for a couple minutes, but cleared up as all the oil from being upside down finally burnt out of the cylinders and the manifold. Other than those little issues everything worked exactly as it should.

Next up is getting the two driver's side tires broken down and the beads cleaned then remounted. There's dirt and grass in the beads from the rollover causing them to leak down slowly. Then definitely the door and window seals are next, followed by swapping the door lock cylinders, the door panels, and the A-pillar trim from my red cab. I'm thinking for the floor I'm going to order a new vinyl mat, both my old ones are torn.

I've seen the light at the end of the tunnel for a couple days, and after driving it today it feels good to be out! There's a tire shop beside my work, so in the morning it's returning to daily duty and being dropped off for the tire work, and hopefully the seals and interior swapping can happen tomorrow evening.

Edit: I know in the pics it looks like it's pulling a trailer, but it's not hooked up. Optical illusion
Attached Images