View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 07:09 AM   #46
Bigdually

Re: 1986 S10 Daily Driver Rollover Rebuild

Well, yesterday was a mixed bag of results.

I got the tires broken down, beads cleaned, remounted, and balanced and didn't even have to wait, I dropped it off and the shop did it while I was at work.

When I got home I got the door seals on both sides replaced, the A-pillar trim switched over, and I had just finished with the glass run on the drivers door and was installing the window glass when I fumbled and shattered it. I've had window glass in and out of these first gens probably 20 times on various trucks, and that was a first. There's a good local glass shop I like to use, so this morning when they open I'll be their first caller and get a new one coming. With any luck it won't be too long before it gets here.

On a positive note, the window seals from RockAuto are super nice and are fitting perfectly! If I have to wait on new glass at least I'll have the passenger side to work on until it comes in. I'm switching my red door panels over too and am going to try to salvage my red headliner. That will make the whole interior look more put together and less like a Kindergarten art project. Too many primary colors