View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
yote1234

72 Short,Super,Big Block

Hi everyone. Thought i would share my latest addition with you all. its a 1972 Cheyenne Super, Short bed with 402, tilt, fac air, tint windows,am push button, ps,pb,307 rear, All original to the truck from the factory. The last owner bought it in 2000 and parked it with only 51,000 miles on the clock. with past documentation to show! He parked it and drained all the fluids. engine,trans,water, ect. And after the sale of my hugger cheyenne i bought a 65 shorty. but the 65 just wasnt a 72.(please no disrespect to 65 truck owners).really!, i like all early trucks but the 71-72 has always been #1 in my book. for ever i have been looking for what i consider the koolest truck. 71-72 bb.shorty. one day last week i did a search in the best site in the net! (this one) and run across this truck in a thread. ... with the help of "jocko" as he had inspected the truck up close, he put me in touch with the owner and suplied pics ect. THANK YOU SIR..... anyway. i called! we agreed on a price. and i drove to vegas and trailered it home thursday. he only thing that jocko wasnt shure of was the engine because the owner wasnt allowing any attempt to start it up. well being the truck was not only born in los vegas. "from fletcher jones chevrolet" with build sheet ect. so! and im a gambler. and in vegas!... i bought it. trailered it home. cleaned it up. fueled it up. fresh oil,water ect. new battery. primed the oil pump.new plugs. and she started right and after the choke allowed it to. IT PURRED! i win. see pics below. AGAIN...THX TO JOCKO AND SUCH A GREAT SITE.
Attached Images

1968 Honda mini-trail z50a #377
1966 uh 1-D Huey
yote1234 is offline   Reply With Quote