View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 04:45 PM   #125
SCOTI

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
I just measured and if the bags are at 5" height, that puts the top of the axle tube at the bottom of the frame approx. So this may not be bad, but only time will tell. At least now i know what i will need to do to get it where i want it.
I can adjust all for bags independently. I really wanted this ability, not that is matters much, but i like the idea.
Oh yeah, you definitely want to be able to adjust/isolate each corner independently.

Since you have lowering blocks, OE style T/A's & larger diameter wheels, you can always do a taller block if you need more psi in the bag for ride quality. The taller block adds more drop so you add more air psi to get things back to where you were w/a shorter block.

It's not recommended on smaller diameter wheels because of Scrub-Line concerns but you should be ok since you're not using 15's/stock steel wheels.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote