View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #145
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: 1950 Chevy 3600 - Bumper Punchin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn57nomad View Post
Couldn't ask for a better scheme: Straight, Low, kinda rusty, and then you lift the lid on the jewelry box and...BAM!...shiny goodness with all the decibels and CuIn your heart desires!
hey shawn, yeah, that's the exact look i'm going for.

One thing i'm considering now is to run blackwall wheels instead of wide whites. We'll see how things progress though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch115 View Post
nice pile of shiney stuff, suprized the wife didn't chew ya out for having them out in the house...hey i see you got a comp cams timing set....hope not the gear drive... looking good though, keep it up
yeah, she let me have my fun for a while. Everything is boxed up again and in the storage room now, so it's out of sight. Yeah, it's a double chain set, not a gear drive. It'll be hard enough to keep thing thing soundin' like a sleeper with the planned exhaust. figured i didn't need the gear drive whinnin' too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Dang LEVI! Did it feel like Christmas for levi? LOL Can't wait to see how it all looks in the truck. I am guessing the engine will set in the frame higher than most trucks of this era with BB's in them due to the bumper punchin goal? I know I wouldn't want my expensive headers draggin the pavement. LOL
absolutely! yeah, we'll see how high up they sit today. everything needs to be higher than the bottom of the frame, but i think it should be fairly reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb-1 View Post
lovin' the updates! keep them coming, Levi!
thanks man!

Last edited by IvelDesigns; 03-21-2009 at 09:31 AM.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote