View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #105
snowblind

Re: New Member - 72 Jimmy: Project Knuckledragger mountain commuter

Aaaaaaaaaaaallright!

The Jimmy served faithfully for the remainder of the winter and we had a pretty cold/wet spring here this year. But the warm weather has finally returned and I've been busy.

Some of you might remember these 2002 Tahoe seats...

Last fall I pulled the bottoms of them and had mounting tabs welded to the seat rails. They sat in my garage for the winter but now they are in the truck! To bolt them in I used two of the stock front holes and then drilled new holes for everything else. I'm using steel plate to reinforce the holes floor right now but I think it needs more than that. I will be doing floor/rocker/torsion box repairs soon and I plan on making more secure mounts then.

Next up was a fan upgrade. I put a single 12" on last fall but with summer coming I needed to get the rest of the cooling package done. I ordered a dual 12" aluminum fan shroud from www.classicheartbeat.com. Wes had it made and shipped to me in four days so I could install it over the weekend. Thanks Wes!

I found some nice aluminum T-bolts and rubber washers at Ace.

The fans and shroud are in and working but I don't have any photos yet.

Stay tuned for those photos and more. I'll be doing a bunch of stuff in the next few weeks including a new steering box, new leaf springs & shackles and new door panels!

'72 Jimmy Build
snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote