View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 08:59 PM   #426
1774btcrew

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80streetcoupe View Post
Here's my '80 GMC. Bought this in Alberta last year. Had to replace the drivers rocker and cab corner, windshield, front rubber brake lines, fix horn and windshield wipers to pass safety. Had new tires installed today on 8+10 in. rallies. I had the rallies widened in the mid 80's. Need to do a wheel alignment on Friday morning, then she passes safety for the gov't.
Then I can drive the wheels off of it. I haven't had a nice set of wheels since 20 yrs ago. That's when the wife and kids came along...LOL!!!
The sleeper is only temporary. I know it should come off, but I was 18 when they came out and I've always liked them on the old square bodies.

I plan on changing the round headlights to the '80 square frontend tonight. I put factory buckets in it too that I had recovered 20yrs ago. I also installed a hidden hitch. I've got lots to do to it in the future, but for now, she's a driver.
Beautiful truck! I love the color combination!

1972 Cheyenne Super Short Bed big block "Blackie"
1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
1774btcrew is offline   Reply With Quote