View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #22
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Re: Am I being pushed around or is this typical CPP

Jeff,

As stated above by Liz, Kevin and ebfabman... the nature of the beast when it comes to the world wide web.

Now... I will state that I have not ordered anything from CPP, so my opinion doesn't count for much due to lack of experience. I will agree that generally you rarely hear from those that support your cause (my personal employer experiences this on a daily basis but I'm in state government), but generally only from those that are unhappy with your activities.

It is tough to compare a company like CPP to that of ECE mainly because CPP covers such a wide range of automobiles while ECE covers only 63-72 trucks, blazers and burbs. However, I have seen many positive posts about ECE and even a few unhappy transactions, but they have stepped up and resolved the problem. It appears that when ECE runs into a problem the issue stops there. Again small company easier to make changes within.

CPP on the other hand has repetitive issues covering the same topics (poor customer service, sending wrong parts (bj's for other years), delayed shipments, etc.).Large company, tougher to make changes, but it still can be done and needs to be done.

I agree that it is important to have large vendors assist in supporting the board, and that CPP is a major player is all aspects of the site 1947 to current. With that being said... something must change, not only for the benefit of our members but your customers.

The review board is in place for a reason... to inform board members on the positive and negative transactions of past board members, public sellers (CL/Ebay), vendors, etc. If we kill a post, what is the point?

I am not attempting to jump on the pile of trash comments, but when the same issues continue to happen to the members of this site, something is wrong.

Case and point: I specifically ordered my parts from ECE based on the opinions and views of other members experiences with both ECE and CPP. Money is not frivilously spent in our house, so when making an investment in suspension/brake products spending more (while it hurt) was the right decision. I received my parts as noted upon placing my order, no questions asked. I did have an issue with the M/C cover as it was bent, a quick call to ECE and I had a new on in 2 days (from CA to MO), for free with no questions asked. With the posts I read on the site prior to my order, I based my decision on others experiences; does that make me a follower? No, just an individual that wants to ensure they receive quality parts, in adequate time, and the ease of knowing that when/if I have a problem I have someone to call that will help.

CPP is a large organization, but your customers need to be your number one priority, not the products you offer. It wouldn't matter if you offered parts at 1/2 the price of every vendor on the net; if the customer service/shipment/backorder issues don't change you will continue to see posts like this.

I wish you luck on rectifying this and the other situations, and hope that the owners/operators of CPP will take heed to the complaints their customers are having. Maybe we're a small portion of CPP's entire business but we are car guys/gals, and we own other makes and models, have friends and acquaintances looking to added the latest gear to our projects. And because of this "word of mouth marketing," while it's free, it's the companies responsibility to ensure they fulfill the needs of each customer regardless of the money spent, the number of questions a customer has, etc.

Customer service - it's your investment into a satisfied and returning customer

Nate

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)