View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #73
BlueJeep

Re: 52 GMC Envoy Burb meld/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTucker View Post
After having the "pleasure" of driving an Envoy for work the last couple of weeks I gotta ask - why an Envoy? I have the same "300hp" motor and it's a joke. I've never driven something so boring and underpowered as this inline. Where the "300hp" claim comes from is beyond me. I would still have a hard time believing it has 200 hp...plus the handeling is absolutely terrible and the awd is useless on anything other than snow (got it stuck in about 3" of mud).

I'm really not trying to rain on your parade - just wondering what made you choose an Envoy. I totally understand the classic body on modern technology concept, but why not a v8 based trailblazer? They make an SS Trailblazer that has like 400hp or something rediculous...
Comparing to a bone stock one probably isn't a good comparison. I'm betting bone stock, the Envoy had more zip than the 216. I'm also betting that with a tune, it could liven up considerably...

Also, speed and performance may not be all that important. My s10 swap uses the stock 4.3 with 200K on it...I'm not expecting to pass everyone, just looking for reliability and parts availability (and fuel injection).

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler

Last edited by BlueJeep; 12-03-2009 at 02:31 PM.
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote