View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 01:14 AM   #19
1972 C10

Re: Highlander truck lower belt molding investigation (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Ok, I'm in:
Here is a picture of the SPID from current (blue/white) '72 highlander and a full truck pic of my 1st blue/white '72 Highlander (...sadly stolen years ago).
As is evident, this current truck came with the C-pkge..hence the air, tilt grouping, etc.
The current truck is a fremont built truck....I don't remember or necessarily have the full build info on the first truck handy.
Both of these trucks have the lower woodgrain molding....so I guess that might count as (2) trucks with the woodgrain molding.
Interestingly...I sold a '72 (Arizona) Cheyenne Super in order to get the current blue/white highlander in its place...would never undo that deal.

Here is a question for those with a/c trucks....who has an a/c truck that has the dash top painted matte black?
I read that trucks destined for Texas (or most southern states?) painted the top of the dash black to eliminate glare...or? (not sure of the full backstory on this)

All Good
Coley
I have a Texas sold new 72 Highlander, two previous owners from the same family, semi-documented (hand written notebook). My dash top is flat black.
64 Corvette Roadster w/AC
78 TransAm WS6
78 GMC Jimmy 2WD Slammed SOLD!
1972 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote