View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 06:14 PM   #21
Chevy nutcase

Re: Are these trucks worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Tom View Post
Yeah, that's another thing you have to be concerned about: the crap work someone has done on the truck, and what you'll have to do to undo that crap work. Yet another reason why I like to find mostly original, unmolested trucks. Even if there's work to be done, at least you're not paying for someone's garbage work, whether it be on the body/paint or chassis/engine.

Sadly, you're buying at a time where the market for these trucks is hot as it's ever been. I have noticed, lately, however, that people think even their car that was previously worth $2500 a couple years ago is now worth $5000 (no offense to those who like vintage 4-doors, but this is an example I see time and time again).
I agree with both points you made. I personally would much rather repair an original rust bucket than try to decipher what 10 different people did incorrectly. Last one I saw had the driver side rocker repaired by bolting it in and a more recent attempt had epoxy or silicone holding onto a 2nd slip over rocker panel. Pass

As for people people wanting a kings ransom for a ball of rusty bondo I in part blame shows like American pickers, pawn stars and antique roadshow for people thinking the older something is the more valuable it is regardless of condition. All one can do is educate themselves against this
Chevy nutcase is offline   Reply With Quote