View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 03:24 PM   #50
SCOTI

Re: Suburban A/C fix + Vintage Air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissarmychainsaw View Post
It's hard to believe that TWO YEARS have gone by since I started this project, but we all know that can happen.
Seems that about every spring I start getting the AC itch.

The good news is that I just put in my order for all the parts at "Original Air".

I bought before I did my research and am going to sell some of the stuff I got originally. Live and learn.
This time I called the guy from OA and he helped me piece together a kit. He suggested running all new hoses to the rear.

Will the Covid thing, they are shipping slowly, but I should be getting something in a couple of weeks.
I think the "install" part should go fast. And "getting it working" might be a different challenge!

I'll need a crimper, and a way to figure out how to trigger the electric fans with the AC comes on. I'm running an MSD LS box...

I wanted to thank everyone who posted here, it really helped me get my head around this project so far.
I'm still an AC noob. That's about to change right quick though.
I'm betting this experience has schooled you well so it's possible you're beyond your self pro-claimed 'noob' rank.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote