View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 12:38 PM   #104
parb

Re: ParB's 72 Orange Jimmy

I spoke to the body shop and they had pictures. So the dash was painted the same color orange as the rest of the body. No paint that matched the dashpad.
The hole you see on top is the vent hole for the air/AC.

In the pic i posted where it seems like it is paint on it is misleading. The metal on top of the dash at that point had been sandblasted, and the lighting plus the angle of the camera created a misleading picture.

I talked at length to my friend who helped me disassemble (in the spring of 2018) land we both swear that the top of the dash was just as orange as the rest of the body, and there are no signs of a respray in that area. I personally don't have a great picture of the dash from top down after disassembly, but i have lots of front pictures, nothing gives a hint of a different color on top. And my memory is orange and so is my friends + all the people at the body shop and they have some pictures that partially show the top of the dash. To me i think this settles it as far as what i am going to do -i am keeping it orange the way i got it.

I can't explain why my truck doesn't have the top of the dash painted saddle brown. But it didn't come that way from the factory in my case. Bad quality control or design? I have no idea. I'm going keep it orange the way i got it.
parb is offline   Reply With Quote