View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 11:08 AM   #74
LT7A

Re: Had to buy - '77 Suburban

I found this thread again looking for info on lowering a Suburban. Ended up with a two-fer, Burb and Blazer/Jimmy info. WR, you didn't ask for opinions so feel free to ignore this. You were enjoying the Jimmy but it seems like you quit driving it after the last round of lowering it. It looks cool but would not look any less cool if it was put back up to where you could drive it without it rubbing. In fact, look a little better in my opinion. I know you have plenty of stuff to keep you busy. I kinda got charmed by the little truck though, and that gets my interest/imagination going. I think it would look cool to raise the back 1 1/2 inches and bring the front up to where it doesn't bump and rub. Still would look really cool. In fact, while I know lots of people like the 'level' look, I think these trucks look even better when the top of the wheel opening sits at the same position in regard to the tire - front and back. It does create a minor rake but it really helps with making the proportions look good. Side benefit of possibly being more driveable. Just taking the time to jot down my thoughts...
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote