View Single Post
Old 05-19-2002, 02:46 AM   #45
feg05

I agree that if a guy want do build a truck to run at the drags, that great. We all know that you can go faster with a more aerodynamic car with less weight, but I think that we all own old trucks because they are unique. We all own them for different reasons. But this post deals with speed,It's his choice what he does with the truck. If you see a camero at the drags, you don't pay much attention because there are a lot of drag cameros, but if you see a full size truck, no matter what time it runs, it will get your attention. A truck or car that runs 12's is by no means a drag car. It is a very fast street car. Personnally, I would rather have a truck that runs 12's, that I can drive on the street, versus a 8 second car that isn't street legal (Trailer Queen). I like to show off my hard work on the weekends at the local cruise in, not only at the drag strip. With all the comments about how to go fast, and that there is always someone faster, remember the majority of the drags are bracket racing. It takes consistancy, not speed or time to win. I think some have lost sight at what the original post was: To get into the 12's, not build an all out drag vehicle. I've built a 75' GMC shortbed(I know I'll hear about how it's not a 67'-72', but we all love chevy trucks here, right) that has a 468 big block (541hp.) th400, 3.73 12-bolt, that will easily get in the 12's. I know it's not the fastest, but it's still a TRUCK.