View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 04:10 PM   #211
dunce79

Re: Dunce's 59 Fleetside build

Thanks guys! A little update...

-Finally got around to making the bumper brackets after deciding I wanted to install the bumber. Kinda like it both ways but for now, I'll run the bumper.
-Made a cold air box for the air intake and a radiator closeout panel. Box pulls air from behind the grill and the wheel well. Closeout panel fills the gap between the radiator and the core support. I like the look mainly but I think it could also function to prevent hot air from recirculating through the radiator and perhaps improve the efficiency of the condensor.
-Wife bought me a console (for her starbucks cup). I think I'll have the top of if recovered in the same material as the seat
-Most recent proejct is adding 2.5 inches to the rear wheel tubs. I had about 3/8 of an inch clearance on the inside so going around corners or pulling out of the driveway at an angle made it rub pretty good. Plus now I can fit some pretty large tires if I want to later. I don't think I'll ever take it any lower. Not really into the super low stance.. more muscle truck if you know what I mean.

dunce79 is offline   Reply With Quote