View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 11:27 AM   #4
kipps

Re: What is your trucks name

Here, if a vehicle belongs to a specific member of the household, it gets a name like "Jack's truck" or "Jill's car." Otherwise, we've always gone by color. Blue truck, gray car, red truck, white car, etc.

Not very imaginative(except for some of these newer cars where the color is very vague), but it works when referring to a specific vehicle in the fleet with as few syllables as possible.

Edit to add: It's kinda' similar to the way I "name" my cows. All but one of them are only known by their three-digit number. That number has become a name. "179" brings to mind a specific cow in the same way that a name does. One cow showed up here as someone's former pet, and with a name already chosen, so it stuck.

So in my mind, using a color or a number doesn't automatically remove all the personality from the relationship.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!

Last edited by kipps; 10-18-2020 at 05:15 PM.
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote