View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 12:39 AM   #25
joedoh

Re: Trikebent's 40/46 Project

there are many different front fenders, 1/2 ton to 1 ton, optional 3/4 ton and 1 ton, 1 1/2 ton and 1 1/2 ton high cut.

look at the running board, the larger fenders (used on some 3/4 and 1 tons) will have a standard wheel opening but will drop 3-4 inches further down in the front and rear. compare it to your first truck, it will be apparent if its different. There is a guy on here that had a set of the bigger fenders on his truck, he didnt know till he bolted them up!

the cowl plates on the war years were steel, not aluminum like the early and later trucks. if you think the number is there under the rust, get some evaporust from cardboard freight, it removes the rust and leaves all the paint. mine was a mess, after soaking a couple days I got the number and could even see the original silkscreen painting on the plate.

40-46 had metal frames around the window, the 38-39 did not and according to jim carter the glass would rattle in the doors and break. so its the right glass for you! installing them is a snap, literally, in fact if you havent pulled the door panels your original glass may just be at the bottom of the door.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote