View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #176
DWL

Re: D60 Front Brake Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83GMCK2500 View Post
DWL, I am really interested in building a set of these myself but my Dana 60 is a couple hundred miles away and fully assembled yet. I am not in a position to disassemble and take all the necessary measurements, but I am in a position to put some material into a vertical milling center. I would like to upgrade to this disc-over-hub arrangement as well. I would really appreciate the dimensions and from there I could model it and code it. Also, what diameter of wheels are required to clear your setup?
Sorry about not getting back sooner been busy with family.To answer your question no i dont have any plans or drawings for these brackets never was the idea to make and sell pieces.I made solely on manual machines and took measurements as i was cutting talk about time consuming!![my bad sorry about that] never thought i would get the response i did on the brackets other wise i would have done things a bit differently [cad drawings] maybe one day when i have brackets off truck ill do that . As far as wheels im using 20'' . Got the calipers,disks from local parts store and im also using willwood adjustable prop.Had too upsize my master to 2007 k3500 1.420 dia. piston as the 99 k3500 didnt have enough fluid displacment 1.250 dia. Truck would stop but couldnt keep pedal from going too the floor way better with newer m.c. Thanks again. Will have to try and get some more pics. up of my build on conversion thread.
DWL is offline   Reply With Quote