Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
door panels look great..!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
It's looking awesome!!
Thanks, guys!

Thursday was a red letter day - wagon made it back home just ahead of the sleet, snow, freezing rain and just generally crappy weather. Feels good to have it sitting there when I breeze thru the workshop door. I've already been hard at it undoing a lot of their work. Despite my pleading to go easy with the glue gun, there's a lot of material nailed down where I need access. I think the prime directive for upholstery guys when it comes to glue is Moore's Law. If more is better, too much is just right.

Anyway this wouldn't be an issue if I hadn't decided at the last minute to tear out most of the wiring I already had in place before delivering the car to them. Now I'm having to route wires thru areas that they carpeted and glued vinyl down. Very gently prying up the material to get the access I need. I mounted the new main fuse block in the same general location as the original, but had to relocate the EFI fuse block. Time to start running the new wires. The American Autowire kit is much better quality and more easily customized. I was a bit surprised that the 22 circuit kit didn't come with dedicated fuses for power windows, seats, locks and etc. But it does have several generic slots. And due to it's modular design, I can repurpose any unused circuits.

Now all I need to do is squeeze my creaky old body under the dash and get on with it.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote