View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 07:10 PM   #475
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Nice job on the camera and license plate frame....
Thanks, Dale!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Can't wait to see it!
Good to see you Chip. Thanks for the coil cover assist. Thinking you got the worst end of the deal. Rebuilding a Q-Jet was lots easier in my book.

I'm still wiring although there are fewer loose ends than when I started. I've gotten sidetracked a little. Drove 200 miles (one way) with Kathy last Saturday to get our first dose of the vaccine. Hope it's worth it. Believe it will be, but if either of us ends up with da RONA down da roada I'll be plenty steamed. Also took a break to reassemble the core support/fans/shroud assembly. Only after tightening the last screw did I realize I'd left out the bolts that hold the support to the frame crossmember. Naturally, there was no way to get them in by removing just a panel or two. Had to completely tear it down, put in the bolts and reassemble everything. Always something.

I've been working on the connectors coming out of the back of the Alpine head unit. I have so little room inside the enclosure I built that I decided to snip any unused RCA plugs and whatnot. I think it will all fit and hopefully work when finalized. My brother in law, Rick and I bench tested it quite awhile back so I know it worked at that time. As long as I don't booger up the installation, it should be good to go.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote