Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 06:14 PM   #37
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

I talked with Yelmer last night for a couple of hours...a GREAT guy and extremely knowledgeable about these trucks...I was so thankful that he was willing to share what he knows.

So instead of putting disc brakes on the truck I am going to see how the power booster does, since I am not building a hot rod truck I think it will be fine...the truck stops amazingly good ....so with in mind I worked on a few things this afternoon....I took pretty much everything I could out of the engine bay so I can get it cleaned up and I also did a brake job on the front brakes.

After pulling the drums off and getting everything cleaned up I noticed that the drivers side outer bearing was toast. also the inner seal was gone as well....I am thinking that this may be the reason the truck pulled that way when the brakes were applied...The wheel cylinders looked good and no signs of leaking so I left them alone. Once I got everything off I rolled it out side and pressure washed pretty much all I could get too...I got a decent amount of crud off the truck but it will definitely need some more cleaning.

The Underneath inner fenders didn't look too bad...a little rust has set in but nothing major...mainly on the cab firewall underneath the inner fender...So I went and bought a bunch of over cleaner and will let it do its thing tomorrow evening after work.....

Anyways here is some picture of what got done to day.
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote