View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 05:16 PM   #84
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
I hate to be Mr. Redundant again, but o-well, here goes.... your work is inspiring Vic! It’s quarter to 2 in the morning and I want to slip out to the garage and weld something! Don’t worry, I’m sure it will pass once I get out of bed.
Thanks, Brian. At my age, the only thing I do at 2am is stagger to the bathroom.

As expected, things were going entirely too well. I was nearly ready to tack some panels in when it occurred to me that I hadn't checked how the window channels fit after all the changes. With the everything positioned, I used a straightedge to approximate the location of the front channel and it looked like there would be problems. So I dug the vertical rigid channels out of the spare parts box and installed them in the stock locations, Sure enough, the latch was up against the front channel.

The latch needs to move out about 1/8" further than where it's currently mocked up. Of course, that small amount is just enough to keep it from closing into the upper hinge pocket as I'd planned. None of this is a deal breaker, just have to add some material and move some stuff around. The problem is more cosmetic than anything. Now, instead of a nice flat, smooth surface, the jamb will have a small hump to it. I can transition the step to camouflage it somewhat, but it will look a little less like an OEM fit.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote