View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 08:14 AM   #109
DJ_Baar

Re: My '67 Chevy C20 "Camper Special" Build

1967 Chevrolet C20 (3/4 Ton)
Long Bed “Camper Special” Pick-up Truck
FOR SALE $15,000.00 FIRM

* This was to be my last big project. But I have been dealing with more and more personal mobility issues from disks in neck & spine, to arthritis in knees, hips, & feet issues too. All have finally taken all the fun out of it. Physical Therapy and knee replacement in process now help, but I know my limitations. It is what it is.

ALL RUST HAS BEEN REMOVED AND REPLACEMENT PARTS WELDED IN PLACE, ETC., ALL WAS CLEANED AND REPAINTED, NEW CAB MOUNTS AND EXTRA GROUNDS THROUGH-OUT.

Stock drum brakes replaced with disks brakes and new larger CPP Power Booster. Power steering assist was rebuilt and new pump, and steering column changed for CPP tilt with new wheel. Drive shaft was rebuilt with three new universals (has carrier bearing in middle of shaft since long bed). EATON H052 was rebuilt with complete new brakes and axle bearings.
Engine is built for low to 5K RPM with more torque. It is now a 355 Gen I SBC (bored .030” over) with complete Edelbrock E-Street aluminum heads, cam, carburetor & timing gears. Brand new crank shaft, pistons, & misc.... Scorpion roller rockers and longer pushrods. Higher performance water, oil, & fuel pumps. Delco Remy (System Integrated) SI alternator was installed along with high torque starter & new flex plate & torque converter. I used stock “ram horn” cast iron exhaust manifolds & complete 2.5-inch exhaust with “Cherry Bomb” Vortex mufflers. TH-400 transmission was completely rebuilt. K&N Air cleaner is customized for engine with size logo. Replaced stock radiator with aluminum & 2 electric fans ran-off of own temp sender and 2 30amp fuses/relays mounted out of the way on the fire wall. Most ALL fluids used are AMSOIL products to include engine oil, antifreeze, and transmission fluid. Used 30W for breaking and have enough 10W30 available for 2 oil changes after.

Complete American Auto Wire (AAW) upgraded wiring kit for truck. Stock HVAC removed for complete Vintage Air replacement system eliminating all that space & weight used for old systems. Upgraded complete dash gauge cluster to include installing Tachometer. Stereo with CD player replaced DIN radio that was already cut into dash when I got truck. Also added side speakers at vents I rebuilt to operate and twin speakers behind new radio.
All glass is replaced and new door regulators, etc…. Have extra set of vent windows but thought new replacements would be more cost effective that rebuilding --- that is on buyer. Doors not completely re-assembled at this point.

Repaired and re-upholstered seat with custom Chevy logo to match trucks “patina” color (clear coated). Roof and inside of roof (ceiling) are matching white pearl. New dash pads, arm rests, and visors ready to be installed. Doors and complete truck mirrors ready to be remounted with SS hardware.

* Basically truck is 98% completed --- I just ran out of steam with my health issues. WAY MORE INVESTED time & money – just not completed. I will continue to work the following as I can.

New windshield washer fluid pump with rebuilt wiper motor is not squirting fluid.

Gas gauge isn’t reading with new sending unit & new electric oil pressure gauge is not reading. Oil pressure gauge is a conversion from mechanical (so was the ammeter to voltmeter for safety reasons).

Truck has issue closing right passenger door completely with press-on door seal installed. Door closed with old seal installed after welding repairs were made. Needs more TLC. Have glue on seals available.

I will have new pictures when I get the hood on shortly and front bumper. I was putting my heart & soul into this project but willing to let it go at a very fair price to someone who can appreciate it. Look it over and you will see I have a LOT of time & $ invested.

DJ_Baar is offline   Reply With Quote