View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 09:22 PM   #43
l_alvis

Re: '71 C30 Flatbed Budget Restomod

Last weekend I got more time in with the MIG and patched several more holes on the firewall, plus the radio are on the dash that was tore up. After a bit on grinding its starting to shape up. I plan on getting some bar stock to form around the wire ditch area and give a smoother transition to the cab.
Name:  20190323_191624.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  57.0 KB
I'm starting to feel much more confident in my welding ability so I might purchase some formed panels and start repairing the rockers. After thorough investigation, I didn't see much rust aside from the rockers and rear cab corners, which I already knew were bad. The floor is in great shape and even the trusses beneath aside from one in the back corner. Even though I know it's going to be a huge time sink fixing it all, I'm just glad it's not as far gone as some other trucks I've seen.

I also worked on a new SPID sheet since the original was in rough shape and I plan on repainting the cab anyway. I've seen where some offer services for a perfect replica, but being as I'm not trying to make this a collector piece I was okay trying my graphic design skills on a close enough rendition. Little details like this are one of my favorites, even if they take a lot of time and no one sees it.
Name:  20190402_184836.jpg
Views: 977
Size:  53.1 KB
l_alvis is offline   Reply With Quote