View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 09:47 AM   #8
CarolinaHD

Re: Bosch Hydromax brake booster info

Hey Richard,

I got everything buttoned up last week and took it for a quick spin but haven't had enough time to adjust anything yet. Spent this past week/weekend replacing headgaskets on my buddys Duramax and I'm pretty sore now haha.

I still have the brand new hypower booster and master cylinder but no backup pump if you're interested.
The earlier hypower unit worked like a traditional hydroboost setup, fluid flows from pump to booster, booster to gear box, 1 return from booster and 1 from gear box.

The brakes work too good now! They're very sensitive and lock up easy, gonna have to reconfigure some things and this is what I came up with..

The issues Im having are:

1. Hardly any pedal travel(less than 1") and stiff pedal. I can open a bleeder and press the pedal all the way down with no issues. So I know its working right and can have full stroke but I believe the issue is due to using a larger master cylinder bore. Factory single reservoir was 1.5" and the hydromax is 2". Since you are using front disc brakes I'm curious to see how well it works since you'll need more fluid volume.
There are several master cylinder options that fit the booster, including a 1.5" bore plastic reservoir master cylinder. I'm gonna order it this week and see if it gives me more pedal travel and I'll report back.

2. Rear brakes lock up quickly, gonna install an inline proportioning valve on the rear brake line to fix it.
1967 C60 366ci Fire truck
CarolinaHD is offline   Reply With Quote