View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 05:47 PM   #3
SCOTI

Re: AC Box/ Condenser Compatibility '78 vs '84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMalibu View Post
Howdy,

My son and I have been working on his '78 stepside (first-time driver) and it looks like the evaporator housing needs to be replaced.

I haven't been able to figure out if all the square bodies are the same, or if I need to look for parts from a particular year-range. Same deal for the condenser.

Anybody know off-hand which years I should look for when it comes to take-off parts? Thanks!
Parts interchange is easier when broken down to the body change years when dealing w/used parts sources. So for parts on a 78 I would look mainly for 'round-eye' year models (74-79/80). 81-87 trucks had 'square' lights. Its easier w/that in mind when searching parts yards.

A/C stuff should be fairly interchangeable as well based on a/c type, engine type/size, & accessory drive. I would base my search from those points for starters.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote