View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 02:33 PM   #11
Purcell69

Re: 1955 Long Distance Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyjones View Post
Thanks! New upper mounts have already been delivered so one less thing to worry about.
Good deal!

The thread title reminded me of troubleshooting a miss on my pickup truck while I was deployed to Japan in the late 1980s, before Internet. Just before I deployed, my Power Wagon developed a miss on one cylinder. It even overheated on me on my way home to store it. For six months, I had to sit on my hands, running all the symptoms through in my head and troubleshooting it in my mind. By the time we returned to the States, I was certain it was a burnt exhaust valve.

I took a few days of leave when we got home, sourced a set of heads, and commenced to tear things down in Mom and Dad's garage. Four hours later, the truck was running like a top again. The number 5 exhaust valve had a pie slice burn through the head of the valve, problem solved.

Time and distance isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes being further away from the project brings clarity.

-Joe