View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 09:16 PM   #1315
jocko

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald24c View Post
I was told that the Seat has been recovered 14 years ago. I would like to get it back to the original highlander plaid eventually. I noticed that my SPID does not actually say highlander (I still believe it is a highlander based on everything I've read) according to its SPID it is a Z62 custom deluxe with the 611 custom trim and YG8 special promotion C. It has tilt steering, a/c, PA1 deluxe wheel covers and tinted glass. Oh, it also has front disc brakes.
Any input is greatly appreciated
Welcome Donald, sharp truck. Yes a true Highlander trim truck (yours would have been blue plaid orginally (611)) and it's a Promo Pkg C, as you mentioned, which is why you have A/C & Soft-Ray (part of Pkg C) and tilt, TH350, and power steering (part of Pkg B, included in C), etc. The packages are cumulative, i.e. A is included in B, and both are included in C. Z62 just means it's a Custom Deluxe trim level, which was also the only trim level that could have Highlander plaid piggybacked onto it. PA1 wheel covers are part of the 1/2 ton packages. Front disk brakes were standard on all 71 and newer trucks, so nothing earth shattering about that Nice truck! Here's a pic of the seat cover that goes in yours:
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 03-10-2019 at 09:22 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote