View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 10:16 PM   #9
Vinceg

Re: On the road again

Thanks for the complements guys.
Vetnat The rims are actually a back up set I’ve had around for a while. They’re American racing but I honestly don’t remember what they are. I had to switch up rims and tires after I lowered the back end. I had some old school fatties on the back that wouldn’t fit after I lowered it.

SkinnyG The biggest regret I have right now is the fuel tank! I went with the old school blazer tank. Strapping it into the frame rails was the easy part. I don’t like how the tank hangs down in the back but thats not the worst of it. The filler tube is a problem because of where it exits the side of the tank. It requires frame rail modifications. It’s slow to fill. I also went with a vortec 350. Requires an electric fuel pump. It is mounted on the frame rail and it is loud! So if your relocating the tank and and are not using a mechanical fuel pump. Spend the money on a tank with a top filler port and an internal fuel pump. I also did a mechanical lock up in the 700r4 transmission. It was very problematic. I ended up having an electronic lock up installed. Way better! The rest of it was just learning as I went. This forum is very valuable resource. My buddy bill was awesome at helping me out.

Vince
Vinceg is offline   Reply With Quote