View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 02:52 PM   #117
brimc

Re: 86 Silverado K20 12V CUMMINS Build

Well still a crap load of snow and it is still cold but managed to get some work started on the old cab. This cab, the more I get into it, the more I think it should have been scrap. However, I will save it and it will be better than it was for sure!
I am working on the fire wall and the clutch hydro setup. I am going to use a complete 1st gen system. I started by cutting out the factory location with a hole saw. This is easy as there is dimples stamped in the metal. I confirmed the diameter of the seal and figured a 2.5" hole would work. Problem is that I had some rot in this area and it needed to be fixed. So I cut it out.

So I also do not need the speedo cable hole either, so I dollied the area fairly flat and made up a patch panel outa 18g. Drilled the hole and started fitting it into place.

Couple of tacks to hold it in place.

Shown from the inside with all the rot gone and not needed original metal.

Now this area of the fire wall will only support the rubber gromet/seal. There will be no additional strength required as the additional bracket supports all the pushing of the pedal.

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote