Mel,
Awesome pics and description!
Quote:
Originally Posted by landy View Post
Thanks for the pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael bustamante View Post
thank you for showing "proper procedure"
No problem guys, pictures always work better than an explanation and they just took a few minutes to do and if I had more free time on my hands, I woulda/coulda/shoulda done this three days ago when this cam question post first popped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMan View Post
Mel, do you (or anyone) know the part number for the coil spring that goes under/inside the black tilt cancelling cam? This coil spring was missing in my tilt column, and will be required to make the contacts work properly. Apparently, there is no coil spring for a (white) non-tilt cam, only the (black) tilt cam.
Yes, you are correct on the no spring needed on the standard/non-tilt 190 cancel cam, it goes all the way down the inner shaft and into the upper bearing and helps center everything up. The 294 tilt only cancel cam can be found molded in both black & white and it does use a spring underneath the cam, this tilt only application spring GM P/N 3900514 has been discoed by GM for a few years now and are tough to get ahold of and not reproed as of yet to my knowledge. I use to sell my used tilt cam springs but then soon realized, that when I actually needed them for my own stuff or column builds I was having to get into my NOS stock to replace them, I could part with a few of the OE GM NOS 514 tilt cam springs for around $30. ea. shipped USPS first class in a padded mailer. Let me know, Mel.
Attached Images

Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote