View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 01:04 PM   #60
landarts
landarts

Re: 69 K10 From the Field

Got the main part of the engine primed and painted after a couple of evenings of prepping. I used the following products to prepare for primer and paint.
  • Purple Power citrus cleaner
  • Scotch Brite pads
  • putty knife
  • gasket scraper
  • wire brushes
  • Nylox brush attachment for drill
  • wax and grease remover
  • green 3m tape
  • dolly and hammer with other items to remove dents from valve cover
  • Duplicolor engine primer
  • Duplicolor ceramic engine paint

Now I am working on all the items that were removed like brackets, exhaust/intake manifold, harmonic balancer and few other smalls. After I disassembled the intake/exhaust manifold to paint the intake Chevy Orange and the exhaust side Cast Iron I noticed a hidden crack in the exhaust side. Lucky that I had another manifold to pull apart and I got lucky no cracks on this one.

While I am working on the rest of the small items that need painting I made a list and ordered a few items that I will need to button up the engine and get it ready for install. I ordered a few new gaskets, plug wires, distributor cap, oil filler cap, thermostat, harmonic balancer, Pertronix electronic ignition and Flame Thrower coil. There are a few other items that I have on the shelf that should work like a fan pulley, fan, and carburetor from one of my inline 250 motors.

As I am finishing up the motor items I will be prepping and painting the front half of the frame to get it ready for the 292 crossmember and motor install.
Attached Images

Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote