View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 10:05 AM   #19
byrd
Union Electrician

The lawyer is the way to go. I had my neighbors 72's oil change at a valvoline instant place(his decision not mine) and they didn't get the oil pan plug back in right. I made it about 6 miles before the #'s matching block thru a rod. funny thing is that I didn't hear any knocking or anything like that, although the truck had about 250,000 on that motor but it still seamed odd to me that there wasn't any noise prior to the rod being thrown out the side of the block. I contacted them imediately and the owner of the franchise show up on the scene as the wrecker was picking up the truck and he addmitted fault right than and there, however we did get into a pissing contest about the cost of repair and I said you ruined a #s matching block from a 72 cheyenne and that they would have to replace it with a crate motor with similar specs. They put up a little fight and then i had my lawyer contact them and things progresed pretty swiftly from then on. The crate replacemnt would have cost $4200 and they kept saying that the truck was old and they should not have to put a new motor in it. I insisted on it and had the truck appraised and it appraised and the appraiser said the truck was worth $7500-8000, nearly three times what it cost new so therefore their exscape goat of it being old was shot all to hell. They made an offer of $3000.00 and he took it and went to the local machine shop and had a similar spec motor to the crate motoer put in it for the $3000. Insurance co are scum of the earth and they want your money and don't ever want to pay. All you ever hear is that they can't pay this or they won't pay for that. I hate insurance co. and the federal governmet sucks for mandating, but not regulating them. Please force those guys to fix your truck by any means nesesary, the lawyer being the easiest route ,but may cost you some of your settlement, but worth it!! Randy
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote