View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 08:37 PM   #2
chevylookin

Re: Transmission Issue

Where is the fluid coming out of? Pan? Front or rear seal? There could be a number of issues wrong. Something as simple as a linkage out of adjustment to toasted pump bodies and diaphrams. Who knows, it just might need TO BE RESEALED. But I can tell you this: if it is dumping that much fluid, you probably have no other choice than to drop the whole tranny. Your best bet is to get in touch with a tranny guy (shop), see what he says and work out a deal for him to disassemble and inspect. He will probably give you a certain diagnosis for around a$100. It sounds like you want to keep this on a tight budget. So you're gonna have to do the dirty work. Th400s are plentiful and finding a good used one or a reasonable rebuilt one is easy and economic. I found a good used 700r4 and swapped my buddys old granny 4 speed with TV cable and shortened driveshaft and everything to get it running for less than $700 a couple years ago. No big deal. There are tons of articles and info here to get you confident-ally started. Drop the darn thing and find out whats going on.
chevylookin is offline   Reply With Quote